Lower Total Cost of Ownership/Increased Cost Savings
Zultys offers private schools, K-12 school districts, and post-secondary colleges and universities the flexibility to invest in a single IP phone system to streamline communications across a dispersed network of multiple school locations, distance learning, remote and mobile personnel. This drastic reduction in required phone system and ancillary hardware at each location offers these savings:
- SIP trunks replace analog lines. Fewer lines = reduces costs
- Lower capital investment in IT infrastructure equipment – eliminates need to purchase separate voicemail, fax server, ACD, router, presence server, PBX instant messaging server, etc.
- Online web collaboration/conferencing - teachers don’t have to travel for meetings and professional development sessions thus reducing travel time/costs and substitute teachers’ salaries
- Centralized system reduces phone lines and monthly long distance access fees
- One touch provisioning of IP phones reduces IT personnel at each site
Centralized applications gives teachers and administration 24x7 access to features for better productivity and responsiveness with colleagues and parents like never before like:
- Microsoft Outlook integration
- Voicemail / fax to e-mail - manage calls from parents and other teachers from office or from home, or from smartphones
- Allows for operators to answer from home during snow days or an emergency
- Presence and chat via PC screen shows teachers availability to take calls
- Supports remote phone extensions for users outside of the classroom
- Built-in conference bridge allows multiple teachers to hold telephone meetings
Improved Communication and Collaboration
Effective communications foster a unified team of employees and satisfied parents having easy access to teachers and administrators. The MX250 IP PBX’s robust feature set elevates call management by easily handling large volumes of calls, transferring calls across the network using with 4-digit extension dialing and allowing personnel to work remotely while appearing at school. Using UC Presence, IM and Collaboration tools promotes better accessibility of staff and whether they are available to take calls with colleagues and parents.
- Using Auto Attendant/IVR, call handling can be customized by school or uniform across a district. Parents and other callers can press a button to reach the correct department without waiting for a staff member to answer. This is convenient to report an absence, request a transcript or get directions.
- Simplifies collaboration within and between schools including web collaboration with students, parents, and other teachers/staff along with secure IM with other faculty from smart phones and desktops.
Providing people access to shared information everywhere, at anytime, fosters a cohesive work environment. Using UC Presence, IM and Collaboration tools, calls are never missed. Employees are reachable with one number. Calls across the network can be transferred between locations and to mobile phones. Regardless of their location, school employees have access to their email, voice mail and more.
- Mobile app (iPhone, iPad, Android) allows faculty to make calls to parents. They can also see their call log, change their status, even secure IM to other teachers or administration while roaming the halls, lunchroom etc.
- Wireless connects personnel outside the building or mobile staff like security or maintenance to school administration and teachers, and enables effective communications during events, for receiving urgent messages, etc.
Integration with 3rd party SIP solution providers
The SIP-enabled Zultys MX250 easily integrates with school bells, paging, intercom, and emergency notifications:
- Play school bells, announcements, and music over existing PA or intercom system
- Send live pages and trigger emergency notifications from SIP phones
- Send live pages for emergency notification to network audio players and client PCs and Macs
- Send text and audio to IP message board/clock units